Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Red Yarn Ball

What do I hear on this dark silent night?
 Oh what can it be?

 I pondered sleepily as
as I lay snuggled under a thousand blankets.

I  thought I heard softness falling all around me.
 I know the sound of softness.
 Oh yes I do!
 Could it be snowflakes whispering outside my window?
 They must be so majestic, I thought to myself!
 I crawled out from under my patchwork quilts,
and I peeked outside the  window .
gazed at the magical  moonless night!
 I was in awee, 
because everywhere I looked the snowflakes
 were  big and fat and fluffy.
 
 The snowflakes were so soft and gentle
 as they  tumbled through the sky.
Soft and gentle, oh-h so soft!
They fell from the blustery sky
 and then they tumbled onto the fluffy ground.
 They fell like sparkling silvery diamonds. 
Diamonds were everywhere!
It was the night before Christmas,
 and magic was beginning to surround me!
 It was the night when every furry and feathered winged friends 
  had snuggled into their nests,  burrows and beds.
It was a silent night.
Even the snowmen who had danced in the sun rays,
 now had closed their eyes and  were fast asleep
 and were  s n o o r i n g  zzzzzzzzzzzzz!
It was the night 
when every living creature was hoping for a miracle.
could not stop gazing at the falling snowflakes.
  How magical they looked!
I felt like  something was luring my heart to go outside,
 and so that is what I did!
 I ran down the steps and out the door of my old farm house,
 and with a flying leap I disappeared into the snow. 
I  rolled and tumbled like a little puppy!
 I ran through the snow to the top of the hill
 and I gazed all around me at the sleeping trees.
'How beautiful you are',  I whispered to the trees.
 'How very beautiful!'
 It was so very quiet. 
I could smell the snow.
 I could taste it!
I wanted to giggle, but  'Hush',,, I said to myself,,,
 'It's time for a Christmas miracle.'
'It's Christmas Eve, I sighed, It's Christmas Eve!'
 And so I  stretched my paws into the snow filled sky...
Maybe I wanted  to touch a star 
 or maybe I just knew  that this was the moment I had been waiting for..
 Suddenly I remembered the big red yarn ball
 that my rabbit friends and I played with on summer days. 
   Oh the fun we had as we chased the rolling yarn ball
 down the hillsides!
 I remember the daywhen my bunny friend Niblet,
 and all the rabbits and I,
 sat by the creek.
Blue butterfly's fluttering around  our ears!
We giggled, and ate long stemmed baby carrots.
 We made new memories to remember forever and ever.
 I remember the time when we shared our Christmas wishes.
The rabbits told me how they wished for a yarn ball of their very own.
 Just a little yarn ball was all they wanted to make some red mittens 
for all the baby bunny's.
I nestled that wish in my heart where it stayed for a long time.

  Then  one day when I was all alone in my big farm home,
 something happened.
 I found a big fluffy yarn ball that had fallen from my moms yarn basket.
  It was perfect, just perfect.
I  ran with it into the forest and covered it carefully in a secret place-
 with sticks and branches and moss.  
I knew it was hidden perfectly!
No, I never told anyone my secret.
I had plans,,, 
and I knew in my heart what I wanted to do.
 But,,,,sometimes we must wait for the time to be right.
Have you ever felt that way too?
  I knew I must wait for Christmas.
I wanted my gift to be special.

  As I watched the snow flakes tumble from the sky, 
 I knew that the right moment  had finally  come.
It was snowing and it was Christmas Eve.

 And so, with all my energy,
 I trudged  up the hill  through the deep snow
 until I came to that special place where I hid the yarn ball.
 There it was!
There it was!
 With a mighty shove, the yarn ball started  rolling down the hill-
 down towards the rabbits hollow!
More and more snow continued to fall, 
 and the yarn ball became bigger and bigger.
 It looked like it was rolling out of control!
Down the hills and through the  thickets
 the giant snow ball bounced
 and rolled!
 Faster and faster the yarn ball rolled! Faster and faster I ran behind it!
  The snow ball  made a soft wooshing  sound in the quietness of that moonless night. 
 Then  suddenly without warning,
 the big fat snow ball stopped at the entrance to the hollow.
 It stopped so fast, that I plowed into it!
I shook the snow from my furs,
 and then I asked myself  ' what's a Tweedles to do now?'
 And so with all my might,,,,,
 I pushed the giant snow ball into the hollow.

 All of a sudden all the rabbits awoke from their sleep!
Dressed in their nighties and standing by the candlelight,
 the rabbits eyes opened wider and wider!
T
heir whiskers twitched
 as the giant white snow ball began to melt.
 Puddles of melting snow lay on the ground 
and suddenly
 before their very eyes-
 they saw the white snow ball  turn from white,
 to 
a red yarn ball.
 Their very own red yarn ball !
With happy tails and fluffy ears-- 
 the rabbits began to jump up and down
 and they  clapped their little paws!
  Their Christmas wish came true!

Merry Christmas my friends.
My wish is that your wishes come true too.
 Nitey nite,
 love
 Tweedles

39 comments:

Barbara said...

Merry Christmas Tweedles and mommies! I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful day!! I love you!!

Chicco said...

Merry Christmas, dear Tweedles!!
And a wonderful 2013 full of happiness and joy!!
A big hug to all of you.
Woof, woof,

Chicco & family

tubby3pug said...

Merry Merry Christmas to you and your family we hope you have a wonderful holliday season and a great new year and lots of pressies under the tree

urban hounds

Unknown said...

Tweedles
Have a very Merry Christmas
A Happy holiday
& A Happy New Year.
Have fun and enjoy.
Best wishes Moly

Chatty Crone said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you Tweedles and family!!

I think 2013 is going to be your best year ever!

I know it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

sandie

Ziggy Stardust said...

Tweedles, I wish I could show you how happy your stories make me. Before Mommy reads it to me, I get my blanket and get all snuggled up with a snuggle buddy and then I close my eyes and listen. When I close my eyes, I am pretending I am right there with you rolling that red yarn ball and running through the snow. You have your beautiful sweater on and I am wearing my new jacket that I got from Jazzi for the gift exchange. We are having so much fun and overhead Owlbert is watching us and making sure we don't get lost.
I love this story and Mommy reads it again and again until I fall sound asleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Merry Christmas to you and Mommies
We love you and wish you all good health and happiness never ending.

Loveys Sasha

Love Anne

Anonymous said...

Thank you Tweedles for your perfect Christmas story, may you have the Christmas you want now. Hope you have a most Merry Christams.

Your Pals
The Scottie Twinkies

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Such a sweet story, Tweedles, just like you. Sending you and your family wishes for a wonderful Christmas.

Merry Christmas from all of us.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Idaho PugRanch said...

Such a wonderful story Tweedles!
We are wishing you and your Mommies the bestest of Christmases!

love and hugs,
Bailey, Hazel & Greta

A Normandy kitchen said...

Thank you for your beautiful words and Merry Christmas to you all.
Best wishes Ivan and Aston

The Slimmer Pugs, Kitties, and Mama said...

Isa always luvs my Tweedles sweet poems. Merry Christmas my sweetie!!
Your Boy (blush),
Toby Moses "Little Mans"
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Jacobi said...

Beautiful poetry Tweedles. I love your red yarn ball, and the adventure it took you on!

Merry Christmas!

Licks,
Cobi

Studio at the Farm said...

My dearest Tweedles,
You write a powerful story. In my mind, I could see each scene unfold. I loved it when the bunnies came out in their night-gowns, carrying candles!!! :)
Thank you for making me smile and feel all warm inside.

Millie and Walter said...

Such a sweet poem Tweedles. Thanks for telling it to us.

Millie

Molly the Airedale said...

Your stories are always the best, Tweedles!
Merry Christmas!

Love ya lots
Mitch and Molly

Scout and Freyja said...

Merry Christmas, sweetie. We are sitting here at the tip of the Mitten State wondering if your package arrived.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

If only everyone could find so much joy and happiness in a red yarn ball Tweedles! You are one smart doggie.

Too Cute Pugs said...

Merry Christmas dear sweet Tweedles!

Pug love from,
Pearl & Daisy

K9 Katastrophie said...

What a wonderful and magical tale! I am so happy that the bunnies got their wish!

Merry Christmas sweet Tweedles!

Licks,
Ruthie

Two French Bulldogs said...

Beautiful!
Snuggles,
Benny & Lily

Mary Lou said...

Tweedles....
How I love snow!! Every flake is unique and individual!! Proof that God is a God of detail!! Mmmm.... I like that!! ;-D
Good story!! ;)
Merry Christmas and happy 2013!! ;op
Love, Raelyn.... And Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!

Archie and Melissa said...

merry merry christmas twee!
what a beautiful story!
i love how you gift wrapped the rabbit's special yarn ball surprise in snow!!!

how beautiful!

we love u!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

At the end of my day, and just as I've let the dogs back in from outside and I stood on the steps and looked at the bright moonlit sky--And with the cold still on the dogs, I read your story--A most beautiful and perfect way to end the day. G'nite Tweedles & Mom's!
(⁀‵⁀,) ✫✫✫
.`⋎´✫✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫
✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫✫
.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫✫✫

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Sweet little Tweedles, snowflakes falling, and how magical and special you describe them to share with us....thank you.
I hope all of your Christmas wishes come true, and you enjoy the most wonderful of holidays with your family.
Lots of hugs,
Oliver cat >^..^< and mom .
xxx

Sharon Wagner said...

That was a magical story. I always enjoy Tweedle's loyal comments. And all my fun visits to your blog. It is like a playland. Happy Holidays!

The Black and Tans. said...

We wish you and your family a very happy Christmas. Hope Santa brings you lots of treats.

Molly, Taffy, Monty and Winnie

Diane said...

That was a very beautiful story, Tweedles! We wish you & your moms a very Merry Christmas & a very Happy 2013! Sending my love to all 3 of you plus the kitties! xoxoxo

Mary Ann said...

Tweedles, How I needed your story tonight. Thank you.

fromsophiesview said...

HAPPY HOLLERDAYS, Tweedles and Moms...what a delight tale and just imagine when the yarn is made into something brand new ....just wait!!!

SophieDoodleSnickerDoodle~~~~~here!

Poppy said...

Merry Christmas, Tweedles!

Poppy

Suka said...

Dear Tweedles,

Beautiful story! You have such a beautiful heart to create such special, magical Christmas memories for your bunny fur-friends!

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas filled with love, happiness, and good cheer! You are such a dear friend and have always filled out hearts with joy with all your special tales.

May the spirit of Christmas bless you and yours throughout the year!

Cheers,

FurAngel Suka and K

Sandy said...

Merry Christmas Little Tweedles...I hope you have a nice warm day tomorrow with all the beautiful snow outside...kisses!

Cocorue said...

dear dear TweedTweed,

Merry Christmas to you and we trust you will have a wonderful day

muuuuuuuuahz,
coco, tiffy and mumster lilian

Dana Orsborn said...

Hi Tweedles!

Merry Christmas!
Bruce, Daisy and I hope you and your family
have a great day!

-Dana, Daisy & Bruce

Meredith LeBlanc said...

What a beautiful tale!

Merry Christmas to you Miss Tweedles and Mommies! We love you!

xoxoxo
Meredith & Scarlet

White Dog Blog said...

It is extra wonderful to share wishes of Christmas wonder and magic with a beautiful friends and her family who truly understand! We wish you peace and plenty...enough of both to share with all you meet.
The White Dog Army

Piappies World said...

A blessed Christmas to you and your family!

Love,
the Piappies - Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Max, Wai-Pai & Forgie

Payton's mom said...

This post is almost as beautiful as you are Twee. It didn't end up snowing for Christmas, but it is now and the flakes landed on Donald and Daisy's ears and forehead. :-)
Love,
Christy

pugmama said...

what a sweet story, tweedles. you are such a giving pug, thank you for sharing!